|Weekly News Digest
April 29, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ebrary Announces New QuickView Functionality
ebrary (www.ebrary.com) announced it has added significant capabilities to QuickView, including customizing InfoTools, citation preferences, and more. ebrary customers now have a quicker and easier way to discover information within ebooks and other authoritative documents without having to download or install software. ebrary is now available through any modern web browser, on any computer operating system, mobile computing platform, or web-enabled device including tablet computers such as the Apple iPad and the upcoming HP Slate.
New QuickView features include the following:
- Ability to customize InfoTools, which turns every word into a portal to additional information, with online resources of the customer's choice
- Print an entire chapter at a time (up to session limits)
- Choice of four citation preferences
- Navigate to the previous or next page by double-clicking on the document
- Ability to select text and navigate throughout documents by finger swiping on the iPad and iPhone
- Enable RefWorks, EndNote, or both at the institution level
Additionally, end users can easily share ebrary citations with peers at other institutions. Users who click on the URL to an ebrary title are automatically directed to the same document in their library's ebrary collection (if available).
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor