|Weekly News Digest
August 4, 2003 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
West Teams with Thomson Delphion
West announced that it has entered into an agreement with Thomson Delphion that will enable patent researchers to seamlessly access the Delphion patent research service from within their Westlaw session. Both West and Thomson Delphion are Thomson businesses.
Researchers who access Delphion through Westlaw can use the following features:
- Text searching and images from U.S., European, and Patent Cooperation Treaty collections; Patent Abstracts of Japan; and bibliographic information and images from INPADOC
- Dynamic sorting and display of citation lists, including image thumbnails
- Analytical tools that create graphical maps and bar charts online as well as offline analysis of results with 3-D graphs and charts
- Work files to save, organize, annotate, and share personalized lists of patents
- Bulk downloads of patents and fast export of key bibliographic fields
- Saved searches and alerts
- Name-normalized searching capabilities
Westlaw's patent content includes major primary and analytical patent resources as well as the KeyCite Patent Citator, a tool that delivers access to key information and relevant documents pertaining to U.S. patents. Westlaw also offers patent research information such as cases, statutes, and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office decisions and administrative content; analytical materials; litigation information; prior art sources; and news and information.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor