|Weekly News Digest
November 22, 2022 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
The Library of Congress Plans Free Webinar Series on Literacy Topics
The Library of Congress (LC) is hosting a free, live, five-part webinar series starting in December 2022 to celebrate its 2022 Literacy Awards winners and honorees. (You can view a Story Map showcasing the impact of this year’s awardees.) The following is the webinar schedule:
- Dec. 15, 2022, 1–2:30 p.m. EST: 2022 Top Three Award Winners—Join for a conversation with this year’s top three Literacy Awards Program winners. This session will be moderated by Lee Ann Potter, director of Professional Learning and Outreach Initiatives at the [LC]. …
- Jan. 19, 2023, 3–4:30 p.m. EST: Nurturing Partnerships—Panelists from International Literacy Development and World Education discuss nurturing partnerships amongst nonprofit literacy organizations.
- Feb. 16, 2023, 3–4:30 p.m. EST: Engaging Local Communities—Panelists from Concern Worldwide, DREAM and Impact Network discuss successful practices in engaging and adapting to local community literacy needs.
- March 16, 2023, 3–4 p.m. EST: Promoting a Culture of Reading—Panelists from DIBS for Kids, Kids Read Now, ReadWorks and ServeMinnesota/Reading Corps discuss successful practices in promoting a culture of reading.
- April 20, 2023, 3–4:30 p.m. EST: Advancing Adult Literacy in the U.S.—Panelists from Literacy Achieves, Literacy Action and Literacy Network discuss advancing adult literacy in the United States.
For more information and the links to register, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor