|Weekly News Digest
December 8, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Reprints Desk Announces Journal Article Web App ‘Bibliogo’
Reprints Desk, Inc., a Derycz Scientific company, announced the public availability of Bibliogo, the journal article web app that helps users do more with scientific papers. Bibliogo, available in free and paid versions, is built to scale using Google App Engine and is a productivity tool designed for professionals and workgroups in research, bioinformatics, engineering, information management, regulatory and medical affairs, medical marketing, and healthcare communications.
“Bibliogo is a mashup for everything you want to do with articles. It combines aspects from personalized RSS readers and alerting services, bibliographic reference management software, daily deal websites for clinical reprints, and document delivery management systems,” said Ian Palmer, head of marketing at Reprints Desk and Derycz Scientific.
Sample article use cases and benefits made possible by Bibliogo include the following:
- Saving time for scientists, engineers, pharmacovigilance professionals, and others by enabling them to follow and access new articles in journals and saved database searches
- Simplifying processes for librarians and searchers to find, manage, and securely share citations with internal end users via alerts and newsletters
- Saving time for product brand managers and healthcare communications agencies by serving as a one-stop shop for requesting quotes and placing orders for clinical reprints from any publisher
- Enhancing compliance controls for regulatory affairs professionals by enabling them to set-up bibliographies of articles approved for reactive distribution by medical information teams and pro-active distribution by sales and marketing teams
- Saving money for organizations by enabling them to identify paid subscription content for research, placing document delivery orders without any rush fees, and leveraging group buying power for reprints used in marketing
Prior to its public availability, Bibliogo has had multiple deployments across the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industries.
Source: Reprints Desk, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor