|Weekly News Digest
January 10, 2023 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
OverDrive Publishes 2022 Circulation Data
The following are some of the data OverDrive shared as part of its roundup of its 2022 activities:
- During the year, readers borrowed 555 million ebooks, audiobooks, digital magazines, comics and other digital content, a 10 percent increase over 2021.
- Sora app checkouts grew 10 percent, and a record number of school systems (4) borrowed 1 million digital books through the Sora app.
- Public library systems achieving more than 1 million digital book checkouts: 129 public library systems in seven countries (+7%).
- More than 14,000 libraries held their own local digital book club in 2022. [In addition,] Big Library Read (global) and Together We Read (countrywide in Canada, UK, AU and NZ) titles were borrowed more than 600,000 times in 2022.
- [OverDrive a]dded 1 million new digital titles and 73 new content partners to the largest catalog of digital books for institutional channels.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor