|Weekly News Digest
November 8, 2022 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
OCLC Shares the Latest Genealogy Resources on WorldCat, Settles Clarivate Suit
OCLC announced the following:
For genealogy enthusiasts, educators, and historians, the new WorldCat.org offers an improved experience to uncover family lineages and investigate historical events. By exploring the billions of library resources from more than 10,000 libraries worldwide represented on WorldCat.org, users can find an unparalleled pool of genealogical information. …
Through WorldCat.org, people can identify a variety of source materials in libraries around the world, including:
- Family Bibles, church histories, and records
- Cemetery and burial records
- Military records
- Town histories and probate records
- General genealogical resources, such as directories, handbooks, and magazines
- Slavery and antislavery materials, including slave records
- Indexes of births, marriages, deaths, wills, and obituaries
- Microfilmed genealogy and local history collections
For more information, read the press release.
In other news, OCLC has settled its lawsuit with Clarivate. Read OCLC’s statement and Clarivate’s statement.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor