|Weekly News Digest
January 13, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
NewspaperDirect Releases PressReader App for Android
The latest version of PressReader, optimized for the Google Android platform, is now available for free download from the Android Market. Developed by NewspaperDirect, Inc., the Android version of PressReader delivers a visually stunning reading experience for the more than 1,700 newspapers and magazines from 93 countries that are currently available on PressDisplay.com.
Key features of the new Android version of PressReader include the following:
- Presentation of complete digital newspaper replicas, often before the print version is on newsstands
- Automatic download of favorite newspapers for offline reading
- Browse pages in full-page mode—even before completion of the download
- Browsing of entire publications with one finger (including zoom, pan, and scroll)
- Fast navigation from article to article, and to a favorite sections using the Table of Contents thumbnails
- A rich graphics page view and, for individual news stories, an easy-to-read text view
- Sharing of articles by email
- On-demand narration of news stories
PressReader for Google Android is available as a free download from the Android Market. Most newspapers and magazines can then be purchased for $0.99 per issue, or downloaded in conjunction with a paid PressDisplay.com subscription. For subscription pricing, visit the subscription page.
Source: NewspaperDirect, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor