|Weekly News Digest
March 31, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
NTIS Launches Improved Search Engine
The National Technical Information Service (NTIS), part of the U.S. Department of Commerce, has launched an improved search engine at its www.ntis.gov site with features such as the following:
1. Enhanced retrieval speed with search functionality for categories, collections, and source agencies:
- The NTIS search engine now more powerfully finds the information searchers need.
- The advanced searching capabilities allow for an even greater focus on appropriate content for a search.
2. Expanded access now includes the ability to search, retrieve, and select from almost 3 million NTIS records:
- No more restrictions on access to NTIS titles.
- Customers are provided a Product File of related purchased titles
- Now searchers can find anything in the NTIS collection from 1964 to the present and order many in a choice of format (printed copy, downloads, CD-ROM, or microfiche).
3. Efficient response to search requests by keyword, titles, dates, authors, and NTIS product numbers:
- Now searchers are empowered to search the NTIS collection the way that best fits their information needs.
- Experienced researchers will appreciate the Boolean searching features.
- All search results include a brief product description and easy access to the cart for making a purchase.
- Search Help has step-by-step instructions and graphics (www.ntis.gov/search/index.aspx ).
Searchers are asked to provide feedback to NTIS on the improvements.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor