|Weekly News Digest
June 1, 2023 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ITHAKA Makes Updates to Its Constellate Text Analysis Teaching Tool
ITHAKA updated Constellate, its “platform that helps faculty easily and effectively teach text analysis and data skills. Constellate already integrates scholarly content and open educational resources into a cloud-based lab that faculty are using with students at colleges and universities across the United States, Canada, Italy, Hong Kong and Israel.” Now, it offers “a new user dashboard and enhanced lab environment that make it even easier for faculty to help their students learn text analysis, ultimately gaining the skills they need to succeed in today’s data-driven workplace.”
Other enhancements include the following:
- A faster, more reliable lab environment leveraging popular, open source tools, like JupyterLab
- The ability to personalize the lab space to edit, delete, and save files ongoing between sessions
- A new snapshot functionality which allows instructors, students, and research collaborators to seamlessly share lessons, assignments and notebooks
- An improved dashboard so users can more easily manage their datasets, lab environment, and snapshots
- Live training, support, and mentorship for institutions offering their first data literacy instruction
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor