|Weekly News Digest
April 23, 2009 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Free Computer Science Portal From FIZ Karlsruhe
FIZ Karlsruhe (www.fiz-karlsruhe.de) now offers its computer science portal io-port.net, which was launched for the first time 3 years ago (www.io-port.net), free of charge with a new database interface and numerous new search functions. The database contains bibliographical metadata, links to electronic full texts, and, for most of the references, article summaries or abstracts written by scientists.
io-port.net is a freely accessible database with more than 1 million computer science publications. The database covers the time range of 1931 to the present. The company says this makes it the most comprehensive source of data on the historical development of computer science. Documents from different sources are offered in a standardized format through one common search interface (duplicates have been removed):
- CompuScience produced by FIZ Karlsruhe
- DBLP (Digital Bibliography & Library Project) offered by the University of Trier
- LNI (Lecture Notes in Informatics) and other publications by Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI) e.V.
- IEEE Computer Society Digital Library
- LNCS (Lecture Notes in Computer Science) by Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Publications from other publishers (e.g., Elsevier GmbH, Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Blackwell Verlag GmbH, Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, IOS Verlag, World Scientific Publishing Co., and Taylor and Francis Group)
The new search interface enables both intuitive access and more refined searches using search fields. A specific search language is available for complex database searches. The data are thoroughly edited so that Open URL functions can be integrated.
Source: FIZ Karlsruhe
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor