|Weekly News Digest
January 5, 2023 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
EveryLibrary Turns 10
EveryLibrary is celebrating its 10th anniversary by sharing testimonials from libraries. The nonprofit is also asking for donations. “When [EveryLibrary] launched in 2012 there were no organizations helping libraries win local ballot measure elections where billions of dollars of library funding is at stake,” the organization notes.
“When I started EveryLibrary, I hoped that the idea of a political action committee for libraries would be welcome and useful. It has been the thrill of my professional life to work with so many Americans and organizations who have invested their time and made generous donations on behalf of libraries,” says John Chrastka, EveryLibrary’s executive director.
The following are some of EveryLibrary’s accomplishments from the past 10 years:
- Have fought against bad anti-library legislation that seeks to criminalize librarianship
- Mobilized Americans through petitions and social media to push back on organized attempts to censor books. …
- Directly supported librarians in the early days of Covid with no-strings donations through our ‘halo fund’.
- Fought against school library closures across the country, and helped protect school librarians[’] positions. …
- Rapid-response fundraising for many libraries. …
For more information, read the news item.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor