|Weekly News Digest
May 20, 2021 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Denodo's New Survey Shows Increased Usage of Cloud Computing
Denodo, a data virtualization company, issued its fourth annual cloud usage survey, which shows that “organizations are accelerating their cloud journey to take advantage of its flexibility, control costs, speed time-to-market, and simplify data management.” There were 150 survey respondents, who are global business and IT professionals from a variety of sectors. Findings include the following:
- [H]ybrid-cloud deployment remains the dominant choice, as more than a third of these organizations (35 percent) use this model.
- Private cloud has shown some vibrant usage, accounting for almost a quarter of all workloads (24 percent), followed by public cloud, which remained almost flat at 16 percent.
- Multi-cloud remains a popular choice for almost one in ten organizations (9 percent) who opt to procure best of breed applications, data repositories, and infrastructure orchestration technologies among different cloud service providers to avoid a single vendor lock-in.
- Even though the number of organizations with some level of cloud adoption remained steady year-over-year, the percentage of organizations that are moving advanced workloads to the cloud has increased by 25 percent (19.59 percent in 2021 vs. 15.48 percent in 2020).
- In terms of cloud providers, AWS and Azure still hold the lion’s share of the cloud market (65 percent combined), while others like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) are slowly catching up.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor