|Weekly News Digest
November 1, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Credo’s Literati Links to Librarians
Credo Reference added “Librarian Connect” to its Literati solution. Powered by Mosio, Inc., the new service offers texting capabilities along with chat and email. Literati’s new Librarian Connect service includes the following functionalities:
- Integrated within the Literati platform for a seamless end-user experience
- Pre-loaded with the library’s customized educational videos and tutorials created by the Literati team for easy, on-demand distribution
- Web-Based Live Cha—Enables librarians to offer real-time assistance
- “Text a Librarian” via SMS—Allows librarians to be accessible to end-users everywhere
- Schedule Text (SMS) Alerts—Increases mobile engagement through scheduled alerts and updates
- Email Response Management—Provides the ability to coordinate replies to ensure patrons receive consistent answers
“The Literati solution is taking off to the tune of over 500 libraries signed within a nine month timeframe,” says Noel Chandler, CEO of Mosio. Literati delivers a blend of technology, content and services that enable research effectiveness and digital and information literacy. The Literati solution includes embedded tools that guide the user; integration of the library’s existing resources and discovery services; tools that measure what works and what doesn’t; and a growing collection of nearly 10,000 Topic Pages. Literati can be packaged with a growing reference database of more than 3.6 million XML-enriched entries with more than 500,000 images, videos, and audio clips that enhance learning.
Mosio is a mobile software and solutions company providing text messaging and web solutions to help businesses connect with customers and their workforces on the go.
Source: Credo Reference
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor