|Weekly News Digest
August 31, 2023 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Clarivate Shares Its Latest G20 Scorecard for Global Research Output
Clarivate published its annual G20 scorecard, “which for the first time examines the research performance of each G20 member through dynamic, interactive data visualizations. It offers a detailed and insightful overview of research trends, collaboration patterns and scientific impact, showcasing the contributions of the 19 G20 member nations [not including the 20th member, the European Union] to the global research landscape.”
Findings include the following:
- Mainland China accrued three times as many patents as any other individual G20 member in 2021. …
- Argentina’s contribution to medical research yields an influence that surpasses the global average by over 1.5 times, driven by heightened levels of international collaboration. …
- Brazil’s output in humanities is three times more likely than the G20 average to be published in an open access (OA) journal. …
- Canada boasts an above-average proportion of output in social sciences, medicine, humanities, and arts, although OA output is below average in all categories. …
- In Japan, the percentage of female researchers remains below a fifth. …
For more information and more key findings, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor