|Weekly News Digest
October 26, 2021 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Clarivate Shares Its Annual G20 Scorecard for Research Performance
Clarivate released “The Annual G20 Scorecard—Research Performance 2021” (registration required), a report that “examines the research performance of each of the member countries of the G20 with a visual comparative snapshot for each nation. It also includes a special analysis of the G20 members’ COVID-19 research as indexed in the Web of Science research publication and citation index.” Created by Clarivate’s Institute for Scientific Information, the report comes ahead of the G20 Summit, which will held virtually by Rome from Oct. 30 to 31.
Key findings include the following:
- In Australia output has doubled in a decade and continues to rise, driven by exceptional international collaboration.
- Brazil’s output is rising both domestically and for international collaboration. Open access output is very strong across most disciplines—especially for international papers.
- Research investment in Mexico is low and continues to fall … but rising output is boosted by high and rising productivity. Citation impact is now slowing including international collaboration.
- Productivity in South Africa is high and output has been rising. There are consistently high levels of publication via open access across disciplines and the country has the second highest proportion of female researchers (45%).
- In the United States, although investment is rising, output has plateaued, and output/researcher has fallen below the G20 average.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor