|Weekly News Digest
January 18, 2022 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ALA Calls on Info Pros to Observe the National Day of Racial Healing on Jan. 18
ALA announced the following:
On January 18, 2022, the sixth annual US National Day of Racial Healing, the American Library Association (ALA), the Association of Research Libraries (ARL), and the Society of American Archivists (SAA) call upon our collective memberships—comprised of several hundred thousand archivists, librarians, and other information professionals, and thousands of libraries and archives of all kinds—to observe the day with reflection and action. …
On January 18, ALA, ARL, and SAA call on our members to take the following actions:
1. Devote time for a Healing Hour in your organizations and departments for discussion, education, and reflection using the resources here.
2. Share your organization’s learning in pursuit of racial justice and healing with your colleagues and users, on your websites, and in your communications.
- Download and use the banner graphic “Libraries & Archives Observe National Day of Racial Healing.”
- On social media, use the hashtag #LibrariesAndArchivesForRacialHealing along with #HowWeHeal.
3. Review SAA’s resources, ALA’s resources, and ARL’s resources to spark your thinking. Share with your colleagues and users in your displays or website, or on social media using the hashtags #LibrariesAndArchivesForRacialHealing and #HowWeHeal.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor