|Weekly News Digest
October 3, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
iCopyright Launches Article Tools + Syndication Plugin
iCopyright announced the launch of unique new CMS plugins for WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla. The free plugin can be downloaded and activated in less than 5 minutes, providing any site that publishes copyrighted content with six content monetization tools.
1. The Syndication tool enables the site to instantly distribute its articles to other blogs and websites and get paid for every view.
2. The Source tool enables the site to find and republish relevant articles from other sites, and to monetize them with ads, subscriptions, and reprint sales.
3. The Share tool installs Print, Email, Post, and Republish features, making it easy for visitors to share articles with proper attribution and links back to the site. When the site’s content is shared, its ads go with it, increasing its revenue from more clicks and impressions.
4. The Promotion tool emails the site’s article headlines to opt-in subscribers of iCopyright’s Clip&Copy news alert service. This helps the site to reach new users and bring more traffic to the site.
5. The Track tool scours the web, locating articles from the site that appear on other sites, making it easy to determine whether the site’s content is being used with or without permission by others.
6. The Sell tool embeds iCopyright’s licensing service, making it easy for site visitors to buy articles and comply with copyright.
The all-in-one plugin is a unique application, providing blogs and websites of any size with tools to promote, protect, track, and monetize their content with one install. The company has taken its patent-pending technology, previously available only to very large publishers, and packaged it so that any blogger or website owner can deploy it quickly.
The plugin is free of charge and can be downloaded at http://info.icopyright.com. iCopyright earns a small share of the revenue the plugin generates for the sites that are using it.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor