|Weekly News Digest
June 11, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ebrary Announces New Android App
Less than 6 months after launching a dedicated iOS app, ebrary, a ProQuest business, announced a new Android app that will be freely available on Google Play this summer. With the increasing popularity of smart phones, tablets, and other devices, researchers will have a more optimized way to discover and use ebooks, online and offline, on any Android device in addition to the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
ebrary’s Android and iOS apps work with ebooks acquired under all of ebrary’s acquisition models including the 75,000 titles available through Academic Complete, the industry’s first and only aggregated ebook subscription to be designated as a CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title. The apps also provide optimized access to local content uploaded by libraries via DASH! (Data Sharing, Fast), a unique feature of Academic Complete and other ebrary products.
Key features and benefits of ebrary’s apps include the following:
- Freely available with any ebrary library product
- Online and offline reading
- Seamless downloading of full titles
- Simple and advanced search
- Multiple navigation controls
- Table of contents with relevancy rankings
- Early check-in of ebrary’s ebooks
- Copy and paste with automatic citation for offline documents
- User configurable download size warnings
- Import and use documents from other sources
- Supports English and Spanish (UI)
- Optional sign-in with Facebook user name and password
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor