|Weekly News Digest
May 6, 2013 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ebrary Adds Titles From Wiley to Academic Complete
ebrary continues to expand its flagship subscription-database Academic Complete with 1,500 high-quality titles from publisher John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The new content focuses on academic reading levels and covers Wiley’s most prestigious imprints, including Bloomberg Press, Josey-Bass, Wiley, Wiley-Blackwell, Wrox, Sybex, and more. Academic Complete serves as a foundational, growing collection with more than 86,300 scholarly titles from which libraries can pinpoint patron needs and drive strategic ebook acquisition.
By leveraging Academic Complete to distribute certain types of ebooks including important backlist titles that would traditionally have been out of print and making others such as the most current ebooks available in other models, publishers can participate in ebrary’s new strategic approach to ebook acquisition and distribution. This approach includes working with libraries to leverage Academic Complete subscription usage statistics by discipline to determine where to strategically apply additional budget to other acquisition models. It also involves streamlining and automating the ordering process through book vendors such as YBP.
ebrary is also celebrating its 10th anniversary. With continual feedback from libraries on why they choose Academic Complete—the top 10 reasons include the following:
- A platform built for ebooks—including DASH! (Data Sharing, Fast) and free dedicated mobile apps for Android devices and the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- More discoverability—integration on the ProQuest platform, indexed in the Summon service, and deal signed with OCLC for WorldCat Local
- More usage data—the most-used titles aren’t always the most recent
- The most university presses
- More important publishers—including top YBP 100 publishers such as Taylor & Francis and Palgrave Macmillan
- More core titles—such as Doody’s Core Titles in the Health Sciences
- More CHOICE Outstanding Academic Titles
- More careful content selection by our expert librarians
- More awards—Library Journal’s Best E-book Database, CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title, CODiE finalist for Best Service using Aggregated Content
- More reviews for great content
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor