|Weekly News Digest
December 10, 2009 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ebrary Adds New Technology for People With Physical Disabilities
ebrary (www.ebrary.com) says it has added technology that significantly increases accessibility for people with physical disabilities. All ebrary products and services are now substantially compliant with the world's major accessibility standards, including Section 508(C) in the U.S. and the W3C WCAG 2.0 Level AA international standard.
Available now, ebrary's new accessibility features include the following:
- Simplified interface for Advanced Search
- Showing the Table of Contents in search results in its own browser window, allowing detection by screen readers
- Option to display documents in text only in QuickView for visually impaired users with screen readers
- Ability to change text and background colors as well as fonts for dyslexic users
- Alternative methods for filing documents and annotations, and re-ordering folders in personal bookshelves
- Ability to enable accessibility mode at the end-user level
The company also says it will be "unveiling first-of-its-kind technology that will greatly increase its customers return on investment (ROI)" at the ALA Midwinter meeting in Boston, Jan. 15-18, 2010.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor