|Weekly News Digest
September 10, 2019 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
WomenCorporateDirectors Lists 10 Trends That Are Important for Corporate Boards
WomenCorporateDirectors (WCD) Foundation states in a press release, “Heading into fall with eyes on 2020, corporate boards should brace for the increasing impact of digital migration, artificial intelligence (AI), and cultural shifts on their companies—and what this means for their role as directors. …” WCD is sharing 10 trends that should be on board agendas:
- Increasing need for a “digital trust bank.”
- Persistence of demand for digital currency.
- Stronger need for boards to push management on technology advancement.
- Higher risk of anti-trust liability with AI.
- Rapid leaps in AI functionality creating need for guard rails.
- Broader application of artificial intelligence in cybersecurity.
- Less fear among employees about machine replacement of jobs.
- People risk continues to be as important as technology risk.
- Growing risk around the next level of #MeToo lawsuits.
- Oversight of culture now a permanent part of the board’s brief.
For more information and details about each trend, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor