|Weekly News Digest
May 17, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Wolper to Distribute Gale Products to Special Library Market
Gale, part of Cengage Learning, and Wolper Information Services announced a partnership to distribute Gale subscription products and major reference works in print and electronic form into the special library market. Wolper, the first subscription agency to sell Gale products, will expand distribution of key resources by offering them to libraries and individuals within corporations, medical and healthcare facilities, government agencies, and nonprofit institutions.
“We are always looking for new and convenient options to provide our customers and potential customers with access to our products,” said Frank Menchaca, executive vice president and publisher, Gale. “Through this agreement with Wolper, customers can now easily access key Gale resources and combine multiple vendor subscriptions through one source.”
Through this agreement, Wolper will be able to offer special library customers access to thousands of Gale titles and customizable subscription products, such as the following:
- Infotrac Custom Journals—provides access to Gale’s online full-text periodical collection. Customers can select only the periodicals most appropriate for their institution and can manipulate the search interface and functionality—important features for institutions serving populations with unique, discipline-specific reference needs.
- Gale Directory Library—an online source for authoritative directories on companies, publishers, associations, and more with state-of-the-art search and export features.
- Business and Company Resource Center (soon to be known as Business Insights: Essentials)—a comprehensive, single-source database for accurate, up-to-date and in-depth business, company and industry information. Users can access business case studies, investment data, timely statistics, real time financials and more, as well as Gale proprietary titles including Market Share Reporter and Business Rankings Annual.
- RDS Business Suite—an online subscription service of highly focused full-text coverage of company and industry news, competitive intelligence, management practices, and market research information. Includes more than 1,400 worldwide business sources and thousands of tables with strategic data.
- Health and Wellness Resource Center—provides access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia and more. For researchers at all levels, this resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor