|Weekly News Digest
May 7, 2015 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Thomson Reuters Study Reveals French IP Licensing Practices
LES (Licensing Executives Society) France and the Intellectual Property & Science business of Thomson Reuters released a report on the state of intellectual property (IP) licensing practices in France.
Key findings include:
- Licensing revenues will remain stable or grow in 2015 according to 68% of respondents.
- Across all industries of those surveyed, 91% of respondents cited forging partnerships as a principal reason for conducting licensing as well as supporting research and development (89%), and increasing revenue for organizations (79%).
- 74% of respondents believe the proposed Unified Patent Court is favorable to patent holders.
- Overall, 80% of all respondents indicated that the activity of Non-Practicing Entities (NPE) had not affected their organizations.
- There has been double digit growth (16%) in high-tech ICT [information and communication technologies] patent filings in industries such as pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetics in the last 10 years.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor