|Weekly News Digest
December 13, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Thomson Reuters Launches Custom Fields in Thomson Innovation
The Intellectual Property (IP) Solutions business of Thomson Reuters announced the launch of its one-of-a-kind Custom Fields functionality in Thomson Innovation. IP professionals, innovators, researchers, attorneys, and patent portfolio managers can now create custom fields, allowing them to tag patent records with their own internal data, then search, analyze, and report on relationships between enterprise-specific and global patent information. The results and analyses can also be shared with others to enhance collaboration and streamline organizational workflow.
Custom Fields on Thomson Innovation enables professionals engaged in the IP lifecycle to add their own internal context to global patent information. For example, they can:
- Apply internal technology classifications to patent records to assign them to specific portfolios or business units
- Correlate product use or brand information to patent records to aid in valuation assessments
- Drive alert result workflows by attaching a process stage to patent records, indicating when it’s ready for the next participant in the process to take action
- Tag records with relevancy indicators to aid R&D colleagues in assessing technologies or to identify potential prior art for legal review
- Import patent portfolio data from Thomson IP Manager, Thomson Reuters intellectual asset management solution, to perform detailed analyses and make maintenance decisions
Thomson Innovation claims to be the only IP research platform that allows users to search global patent data, scientific literature, business, and news information within a single search. Coupled with Derwent World Patents Index (DWPI), plus full text Asia-Pacific patents in English, users can leverage leading analytical capabilities to turn large volumes of data into actionable intelligence.
Source: Thomson Reuters
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor