|Weekly News Digest
July 10, 2006 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Thomson Pharma Gains Regulatory Affairs Module
Thomson Scientific (http://www.scientific.thomson.com) announced a new enhancement to Thomson Pharma, its drug discovery and development information solution. The new Thomson Pharma Regulatory Affairs Module provides regulatory, legal, and scientific information for development and registration of medicinal products and biologics. It is derived from IDRAC, the global regulatory intelligence database that brings together information on regulatory requirements from 140 different sources, including 70 authorities. Thomson acquired IDRAC in 2004.
The Regulatory Affairs Module can provide information in these areas:
- Regulatory Intelligence: anticipate changes by surveying the global regulatory environment, with information on 44 countries and regions
- Regulatory Affairs: ensure products conform to regional regulatory standards, with English-language analysis of source information in local languages
- Clinical Research: access comprehensive information on initiation and follow-up of clinical trials, including investigational products
- Quality Assurance: view comprehensive information on Inspection and Enforcement, GMP, GLP, and GCP
- Strategic Marketing: gain global insight on pricing and reimbursement regulations, control of advertising, and promotion of medicinal products
- Pharmacovigilance and Risk Management: stay alert to pre- and post-marketing surveillance organization and ADR reporting procedures
Source: Thomson Scientific
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor