|Weekly News Digest
April 24, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Thomson Innovation Adds Business and News Information
Thomson Reuters (www.thomsonreuters.com) announced that Thomson Innovation, billed as an integrated research solution that is "the new standard in intellectual property research and analysis," added new authoritative business and news content. This new content joins Thomson Innovation’s comprehensive patent data and scientific literature offering a range of resources for prior art and competitive intelligence research.
The enhancements and new content include the following:
- News—A collection of more than 11,000 of the world’s top sources from the Dialog NewsRoom database will provide researchers with the latest industry developments, new product launches, and strategic information.
- Products—Data on product ownership and background press releases covering product launches and news will assist researchers in product design and development, competitive analysis, and marketing and business planning.
- Company—With information about business intelligence, companies can monitor an industry’s competitive activity to view a corporation’s family hierarchy or to find contact information about the company and its executive staff members.
- Market—Global market information for 90 industries will be published in tabular format each week, including market share, rankings, forecasts, times series, shipments, and demographics.
- Research—Data on 30,000-plus organizations that support and conduct research worldwide can be used to find experts in a certain field of research, identify potential partners for collaborative research, and identify possible marketing contracts.
The new business collection can be searched separately or with patent and scientific literature on Thomson Innovation.
Source: Thomson Reuters
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor