|Weekly News Digest
August 14, 2006 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
The Colorado Alliance Releases Gold Rush Linker Version 4.0
The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries (http://www.coalliance.org), a nonprofit consortium of 10 libraries in Colorado and Wyoming, recently released a new version of its electronic resource management system Gold Rush. This latest release is a full rewrite of the OpenURL link resolver software that is designed to provide greatly improved reliability, functionality, and flexibility.
Some of the new enhancements include the following:
- Gold Rush Linker now offers full support of NISO OpenURL 1.0 as well as 0.1 standards. The OpenURL standard supports linking between a bibliographic source and targets (full-text resources) to which a library subscribes.
- Sites can now customize Gold Rush Linker results screens.
- Sites can also build their own article targets using any standard OpenURL variables.
- This latest release provides more accurate linking to full-text articles. Gold Rush has developed tighter controls over when a publisher-based Digital Object Identifier (DOI) from CrossRef should appear to the user.
- Incoming OpenURLs to Gold Rush no longer will require an ISSN.
- Gold Rush Linker interoperates with Windows Live Academic.
Gold Rush Linker will continue to support its previous functionality including full compatibility with Google Scholar. Gold Rush also provides electronic resource management, a public search interface, and a reports module for content comparison. Source: The Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor