|Weekly News Digest
March 14, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
SurfWax Launches Nextaris Service
SurfWax, Inc. (http://www.surfwax.com), a provider of Internet search and post-search solutions, formally launched its Web-based Nextaris service (http://www.nextaris.com), an integrated set of tools that allow users to search, capture, manage, securely share, and publish online information and collaborative blogs from the desktop or Web-enabled mobile devices.
Nextaris offers the following integrated post-search functionality for Web users:
- Capture and save both Web content (pages, clippings, images) and desktop files to secure Nextaris online folders
- Securely access these folders/files from Web-enabled devices (wired or wireless)
- Securely share folders/files (including photos, video, spreadsheets, documents)
- Publish blogs/RSS feeds, and folders
- Search multiple Web sources and track news
- Network with friends, family, and colleagues through spam-free private messaging
Nextaris Mobile provides the same functionality as the desktop-browser version of Nextaris, specially formatted for ease of use on a Web-enabled, hand-held device. Nextaris Mobile is available now for the Treo and for BlackBerry and will be available for other devices later this month.
Nextaris is available as a free service with 100 MB of secure online storage. Users with greater storage needs may purchase a 1-year subscription for 250 MB of storage for $49.
[Editor's Note: See the recent NewsBreak about two similar tools (Onfolio and Pluck) at http://newsbreaks.infotoday.com/nbreader.asp?ArticleID=16261.]
Source: SurfWax, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor