|Weekly News Digest
October 20, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Springshare Introduces Pickup Manager Tool to Simplify Holds Pickups
Springshare rolled out Pickup Manager, which helps libraries “streamline the holds pickup process while adhering to [their] COVID-19 safety guidelines. Patrons can easily request their holds via their ILS, schedule a pickup, and enjoy 2-way SMS/text and chat communication when they’ve arrived.” Springshare explains the process as follows:
- Patron requests a hold in your ILS. When items are ready, your ILS sends an email with the link to our pickup scheduler.
- Patron receives email from ILS system with LibCal booking link, they “log in” with their ILS barcode/pin to verify they are who they say they are and then book a spot. …
- Patron reserves their preferred time & location using LibCal’s easy-to-use booking interface. …
- ‘Today’s Scheduled Pickups’ on the Dashboard helps you prepare today’s items.
- When the patron arrives, they SMS/text you (LibChat coming soon!) with a customized keyword. The Pickup Manager recognizes the patron and alerts you of their hold details so you can easily grab and deliver their items.
- If needed, you can communicate back-and-forth with the patron about their pickup via SMS/text (LibChat coming soon!)—all from the Pickup Manager dashboard.
- When the items are picked up, the Pickup Manager marks them as received by the patronin their ILS record, too.
For more information, read the blog post.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor