|Weekly News Digest
September 29, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
SirsiDynix Updates Analytics Package for Librarians
SirsiDynix (www.sirsidynix.com) officially announced the release of SirsiDynix Director’s Station 4.8.1, a full-featured analytics package created specifically for library professionals. The product provides customized, unique views of an institution’s activities and operations, helping directors analyze trends, pinpoint problem areas, and identify opportunities.
In response to customer input, Director’s Station now offers these enhancements:
- Flexible Charts and Tables—Display subtotals when members are removed from the row; select multiple values for filtering in the dimension pool; resize, reorder, and sort columns—in both the All Measures reports and drill-downs; use multivalue and multithreshold meters.
- User-friendly Administration—Enjoy simple and user-friendly cube security settings.
- Numerous Cube Enhancements—Choose from additional dimensions (bill, checkout, user, item) for each library type; view additional measures for users associated with the base cube element (such as patrons with bills, etc.); utilize other cube-specific dimensions and measures such as shadowed titles, call number, and copies; drill down into top 500 searches and properly sorted shelflists.
- Enhanced Printing—Print directly to PDF with charts and grids; create password-secured documents and control whether to print, copy, paste, or take screen shots.
- Flexible Site Configurations—Configure user address elements for each site to allow greater individuality and flexibility.
- Plentiful Fiscal Year Options—Choose from 12 fiscal year dimensions in activity, checkins, and checkouts (historical).
- Group Libraries—Choose up to five library categories for grouping libraries together as defined by each site.
- Regional Analytics—Analyze data by patron region at the state and city level.
- Private Checkouts—Privatize checkouts, if desired, to prevent tracing of users based on their checkouts and renewals.
- Faster Processing—Get history and statistics data faster through improved ETL processing.
- Detailed End-User Online Help—Give users detailed online help, including specific information about dimensions, measures, and drill-downs.
The new version of Director’s Station utilizes Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and SwiftKnowledge 8.1 and runs on Windows 2003 in either a 64 bit or 32 bit environment. Both the Enterprise and Standard Editions of SQL 2005 are supported, depending on the size of the data. Director’s Station 4.8.1 is compatible with SirsiDynix Symphony 3.2, Symphony 3.2.1, and Unicorn GL3.1.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor