|Weekly News Digest
November 8, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
SirsiDynix Announces SirsiDynix Portfolio Digital Asset Management
SirsiDynix announced the official release of the SirsiDynix Portfolio digital asset management tool. It builds upon SirsiDynix Enterprise search and discovery, adding digital asset management capabilities, optical character recognition (OCR) technology, Open Archives Initiative compatibility for web harvesting, and a security-conscious content management system. An upgrade to the Hyperion management system, the Portfolio platform offers improved asset management and compatibility.
With the Portfolio solution, libraries are empowered to do the following:
- Gain relevance beyond the library community by exposing digital content to web crawlers through OAI-PMH compliance
- Provide full-spectrum search results and enable access to previously unsearchable items through in-text (OCR) search and optional harvesting of library-selected websites or external resources
- Localize record-keeping with customizable metadata fields, and ability to cross-link an unlimited number of records for easy reference
- Organize and share multimedia collections including PDFs, video, audio, web pages and more, and preserve historical collections with support for major standards for the archivist
- Restrict or limit access to protected assets, item-by-item or batch, through the Portfolio platform’s accountability control settings. Optional access control and authentication management features can also accommodate different viewing privileges by individual user, group, or location.
In a tight budget year for libraries everywhere, digital collections enable libraries to tap existing resources to bring more to users—providing value and new venues for connecting with patrons. For more information on the Portfolio system, visit www.sirsidynix.com/products/portfolio.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor