|Weekly News Digest
October 21, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Serials Solutions Enhances Its Family of 360 Services
Serials Solutions, a business unit of ProQuest LLC, announced that it has made significant enhancements to its family of 360 Services for discovery, enabling librarians worldwide to activate a wide variety of new patron-facing tools and localization capabilities. The enhancements—which include language selection features, new bibliographic citation management options, new sorting functions for Chinese and Korean languages, custom text options, and additional language support—enable librarians to enrich their library patrons’ research experiences and provide them with additional avenues of resource discovery.
The following enhancements are available in the 360 Services—360 Core E-Journal Portal A-to-Z list, 360 Link OpenURL link resolver, 360 Search federated search services—and the Serials Solutions Client Center:
- New administration console organization for 360 Core E-Journal Portal and 360 Link: Librarians now have the ability to quickly configure 360 Core E-Journal Portal and 360 Link to meet their patron-specific needs without requiring technical support.
- New bibliographic citation management options: Patrons using 360 Link will now be able to save and share research bibliographies via RefWorks, EndNote, ProCite, Reference Manager, and additional bibliographic citation management options.
- Expanded language support: Librarians can offer patrons language support across 14 new languages within the 360 Core E-Journal Portal and 360 Link interfaces, and three new languages for 360 Search—bringing the total to 22 languages supported across all of the 360 Services.
- “On-the-fly” language selection: Librarians can now enable patrons to change languages “on-the-fly” in the 360 Core E-Journal Portal and 360 Link interfaces.
- New Chinese and Korean sorting capabilities: Patrons can discover resources through new Chinese (Pinyin, Zhuyin, Stroke) and Korean character sorting options, supplementing the Japanese option already available in the 360 Core E-Journal Portal.
- New custom text options for 360 Core E-Journal Portal and 360 Link interfaces: Librarians now have the ability to customize any piece of text displayed within the 360 Core E-Journal Portal and 360 Link interfaces, across any language, to make resource discovery easier for their patrons.
These new capabilities are available to customers who subscribe to the respective services. Librarians simply login to the Serials Solutions Client Center and activate them.
Source: Serials Solutions
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor