|Weekly News Digest
November 14, 2019 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
SAGE Explores Technologies Used in Social Science Research
SAGE published a white paper (registration required) on tools and software for social science research. “It addresses the challenges facing those who build and use these tools, and looks to the future of technology in social research.” Topics include the following:
- Which tools are social researchers currently using?
- The characteristics of these tools, and trends over time.
- Who is developing and supporting the development of research software?
- What are the challenges facing those who build and use these tools?
And findings include the following:
- Using software tools in the research process is of critical importance to a majority of social science researchers.
- Academics are at the forefront of innovation in the development of research tools.
- Only 10% of the people we identified as creators or developers of the tools are women.
- There is an emerging trend of organisations coming together in consortia to support the development and sustainable management of these tools.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor