|Weekly News Digest
October 27, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Revised EndNote X5 for Windows and Mac OS X Launched
Thomson Reuters has announced a new version of EndNote, its bibliographic data manager. The software collects and organizes references and finds full text, collaborates using EndNote Web, and alters citations with its Cite While You Write feature covering more than 5,000 journal styles.
Improvements in EndNote X5 let users include the following:
- Add and move file attachments between the computer and web account (requires registering with EndNote X5).
- Attach files to an EndNote web record.
- Store up to 25,000 references on the web with 1GB for file attachments.
- Update a reference automatically.
- Have EndNote search online and present you with updated record information.
- Update empty fields or replace all fields.
- View PDF files, including in the EndNote library.
- Annotate PDF files with highlights and/or comments.
Cite While You Write’s new options include the following:
- Conditional formatting in journal styles, substituting data if a field is empty
- Selecting a new citation style—Author (Year)—in Microsoft Word
- Comparing duplicate references quickly with auto-highlights and locked scrolling
Source: Thomson Reuters
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor