|Weekly News Digest
November 3, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
ProQuest Launches Free Resource for Studying Black History
ProQuest introduced the Black Freedom Struggle website, “a curated selection of primary sources for teaching and learning about the struggles and triumphs of Black Americans. Developed with input from Black history scholars and advisors, this resource is freely available on the web and to libraries for anyone studying U.S. Black history.”
Via its collection of more than 2,000 documents, the site covers the following eras:
- Resistance to slavery by enslaved persons and the abolitionist movement of the 19th century
- The end of slavery during the Civil War and the Reconstruction Era
- The fight against Jim Crow segregation
- The New Deal and World War II
- The Civil Rights Movement and Black Power Movement [1946–1975]
- [A]nd the contemporary Black experience since 1976.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor