|Weekly News Digest
September 13, 2018 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
PLA Sets 2018-2022 Strategic Plan
The Public Library Association (PLA) introduced its strategic plan for 2018 through 2022, which “describes the association’s core purpose, core values, and vision for future success while also identifying goal areas where PLA will direct its energy and resources over the next several years.”
The goal areas are as follows:
- Advocacy & Awareness
- Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Social Justice (EDISJ)
- Organizational Excellence
The plan’s key deliverables include the following:
- Increasing awareness of, and access to, the fundamental types of literacy skills people need to achieve success in the 21st century;
- Augmenting the number of libraries using meaningful and actionable measurements to understand and expand their impact on the community;
- Supporting public library staff in shifting from a library-centered approach to a community-centered approach toward service delivery; and
- Equipping its members with the resources to advocate and apply EDISJ principles in their libraries and communities.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor