|Weekly News Digest
May 16, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Ovid Introduces SearchSolver
Ovid Technologies, a provider of electronic medical, scientific, and academic research information solutions, announced SearchSolver, its next-generation federated search solution. With SearchSolver as a single point of access and authentication, users can conduct one-step searches across hundreds of information sources and retrieve unified results. Results can further be edited and ranked as well as exported in research work tools. Users can also combine Ovid SearchSolver with Ovid LinkSolver to create an end-to-end solution—from precision searching to full-text linking.
Designed to integrate easily with existing research environments, SearchSolver's advanced functionality allows users to:
- Search an unlimited number of sources simultaneously
- Search across all types of sources from multiple vendors, including electronic journals, bibliographic databases, Internet portals, and OPACs
- Display, rank, or export results consistently across all interfaces in a single step
- Refine and limit search results using the SearchSolver interface. Advanced query parsing allows users to search beyond keyword (also title, author, descriptors)
- Explore a topic further using a specific database's native interface
- Link to external sources, using Ovid LinkSolver or other OpenURL resolvers
The flexibility of the new SearchSolver allows institutions to create a fully customizable tool that can include branding (such as logos or style sheets) to meet specialized requirements or end-user preferences, interface design (including nonstandard fonts and European characters), as well as a number of database connectors to meet various resource needs. SearchSolver includes a ready-made library of more than 2,000 database connectors.
Source: Ovid Technologies, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor