|Weekly News Digest
July 19, 2016 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
OpenAthens Sets Goals for Helping Publishers
OpenAthens released the OpenAthens Publisher Manifesto, which is designed to ensure that the company’s products and services evolve along with customers’ needs and that the company is properly supporting publishers in their management of access to knowledge. The manifesto is composed of the following five actions:
- Providing the best end-user experience possible at the heart of authentication into e-resources and applications.
- Enabling single sign-on that is simple to set up and easy to maintain within publishing platforms.
- The use of common standards across SAML [security assertion markup language] and other authentication protocols to deliver interoperability.
- Providing a forum where all parties involved in access and authentication into eresources can share views and challenge orthodoxies.
- Recognising that change is now constant, and that our services must continually evolve to meet new challenges.
For more information, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor