|Weekly News Digest
October 20, 2020 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
OCLC Gets New Content Partners for WorldCat Discovery
OCLC announced that it “has signed agreements with leading publishers and other content providers around the world to add metadata for high-quality electronic and print books, journals, databases, and other learning materials that will make their content discoverable through WorldCat Discovery.” The agreements include those with the following providers:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), based in Reston, Virginia, USA, is the world’s largest technical society dedicated to the global aerospace profession. The AIAA has nearly 30,000 individual members from 91 countries and 95 corporate members.
- DIS Magazine, based in New York, New York, USA, is a virtual platform that examines art, fashion, music and culture, constructing and supporting new creative practices.
- EDP Sciences, based in Les Ulis, France, is dedicated to publishing high-quality research and content in the fields of physics, astrophysics, humanities, mathematics, engineering sciences, life sciences, and medicine. Today, EDP Sciences publishes scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Kortext, based in Bournemouth, UK, is a leader in delivering digital content under flexible access models that work for universities and students. Access can be from the library OPAC, through the learning management system, discovery portals or reading lists.
- O’Reilly Media, based in Sebastopol, California, USA, delivers highly topical and comprehensive technology and business learning solutions to millions of users across enterprise, consumer, and university channels.
- Publications Office of the European Union, based in Luxembourg, is an inter-institutional office whose task is to publish the publications of the institutions of the European Union.
- Wolters Kluwer Legal Education, is part of Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory, U.S., a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the healthcare; tax and accounting; governance, risk and compliance; and legal and regulatory sectors. Wolters Kluwer Legal Education helps its customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with advanced technology and services.
- Yale University Press, based in New Haven, Connecticut, USA, publishes scholarly works from a multitude of disciplines. Its aim is to contribute to global understanding of human affairs and to aid in the discovery and dissemination of light and truth, lux et veritas, which is a central purpose of Yale University.
For more information and the rest of the list of providers, read the press release.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor