|Weekly News Digest
May 6, 2010 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
NewspaperDirect’s PressReader App for iPad is Now Available
The latest version of PressReader, optimized for the Apple iPad, is now available for download from the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pressreader/id313904711?mt=8). Developed by NewspaperDirect, Inc. (www.newspaperdirect.com), a provider of multichannel newspaper and magazine content distribution and monetization solutions, the iPad version of PressReader delivers a visually stunning experience for reading the more than 1,500 newspapers and magazines offered by NewspaperDirect.
PressReader app for iPad allows subscribers to automatically download their favorite daily read from a selection of more than 1,500 newspapers and magazines from 90 countries in 46 languages. Other functions include the following:
- Enjoy complete digital replicas, often before the print version is on the newsstands
- Effortlessly browse entire publications with one finger
- Navigate quickly to a favorite section using the Table of Contents
- Read stories in both rich graphics view and an easy-to-read text view
- Pinch-zoom to get a better look at photos and text when in graphics view
- Jump from article to article
- Search across publications from more than 90 countries to get a perspective from around the world, while online
- Set up automated subscriptions to favorite titles
- Authorize a device for their existing PressDisplay.com account
The PressReader iPhone/iPad application and the first seven titles are free downloads from the iTunes AppStore. Individual newspapers and magazines can then be purchased for $0.99 per issue, or downloaded in conjunction with a paid subscription on PressDisplay.com. A growing list of international and national titles is available, including: The Washington Post, USA Today, National Post, The Guardian, International Herald Tribune, Daily Mail, Irish Independent, Le Figaro, Bangkok Post, and South China Morning Post.
Whenever PressReader, or its online service, PressDisplay.com, supports a new device, it is also made available to NewspaperDirect's publishing partners for their own SmartEdition ePapers. Therefore, publishers of the hundreds of private-label SmartEdition newspapers powered by PressDisplay technology can now offer their subscribers their ePaper on the iPad at no operational cost.
Source: NewspaperDirect, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor