|Weekly News Digest
May 13, 2013 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
New dtSearch Covers More Data Types
dtSearch Corp., a supplier of enterprise and developer text retrieval software along with document filters, announces Version 7.72 of its product line. The new version expands dtSearch’s proprietary document filters built into its text retrieval products. For customers in need of data parsing, conversion, and extraction only, the dtSearch Engine (with APIs in native 64-bit/32-bit, Win/Linux C++, Java, and .NET through current versions) also provides the document filters for separate OEM licensing.
Supported Data Types
dtSearch’s document filters support a broad range of data formats:
- Web-ready static data: covers integrated image and text support in HTML, XML/XSL, and PDF
- Web-based dynamic data: through the dtSearch Spider, covers integrated image and text support in PHP, ASP.NET, SharePoint, etc.
- Other databases: through the dtSearch Engine APIs, covers SQL-type databases along with the full-text of BLOB data; all products support Access, XBASE, XML, CSV, etc.
- MS Office documents: covers integrated image and text support in Word (DOC/DOCX), PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX), Excel (XLS/XLSX), and Access (MDB/ACCDB)
- Other “Office” documents and compression formats: covers PDF with integrated image and text support, RTF, OpenOffice, ZIP, RAR, GZIP/TAR, etc.
- Emails and email attachments: covers MS Exchange, Outlook (PST/MSG), Thunderbird (MBOX/EML), and other popular email types, including nested email attachments
- Embedded image support: covers images in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and RTF files, as well as Outlook and Thunderbird emails, including images in recursively embedded files
For all supported formats, the document filters support data parsing and optional extraction, as well as conversion to HTML for browser display with highlighted hits.
In addition to the dtSearch Engine versions, the new release also covers dtSearch Web with Spider for quickly publishing instantly searchable data to an Internet or Intranet site, dtSearch Network with Spider for instantly searching across a network, dtSearch Publish for publishing searchable data to portable media, and dtSearch Desktop with Spider for desktop search.
Source: dtSearch Corp.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor