|Weekly News Digest
December 13, 2004 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
New Copernic Desktop Search Supports Firefox Browser
Copernic announced the availability of a new and improved version (1.2) of Copernic Desktop Search (CDS) that fully supports the free Mozilla Firefox Web browser. CDS 1.2 also features faster indexing of PC hard-drive content, reduced memory usage, and better language. Copernic Desktop Search may be downloaded for free from http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search.
Specific improvements in CDS 1.2 include:
- Mozilla Firefox history and bookmarks indexing
- Up to 200 percent faster indexing of hard-drive content
- Support for the latest PDF file (version 1.5)
- Optimized PC memory usage
- Improved handling of French, German, Spanish, and Italian content
- Redesigned user interface for Web searching
- Miscellaneous performance and compatibility improvements
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor