|Weekly News Digest
May 12, 2011 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
NTIS Announces Biweekly Information Service
The U.S. National Technical Information Service (NTIS) has announced the availability of a biweekly information dissemination product: NTIS-Selected Research Service (NTIS-SRS). It delivers complete electronic copies of government publications based on your needs, automatically, within a few weeks of announcement by NTIS. NTIS-SRS includes the full bibliographic information in XML format. NTIS says it should be of particular interest to corporate and special libraries as it provides subscribers the ability to specify information content by 39 primary subject categories and 378 subcategories.
Features of NTIS-SRS include the following:
- Full text reports in your choice of 378 subject categories
- Bibliographic record for each report
- Metadata available in XML and HTML format
- Includes color documents which are not available on microfiche
- Documents are accessible on an FTP secure site in your pre-chosen profile
- Notification by email of the availability of the next issue of NTIS-SRS
- Each issue is available for access on the FTP site for 30 days
- Single zip file
- Each report is $3.00/per title
- Download to your server and provide access on your intranet
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor