|Weekly News Digest
September 11, 2008 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Matthews Book Co. to Offer ebrary Digital Content
ebrary (www.ebrary.com), a provider of econtent services and technology, announced that it has joined forces with Matthews Book Co. (www.matthewsbooks.com) to distribute ebooks and other authoritative content in medicine and allied health to libraries and other organizations throughout the world. A provider of health science information since 1954, Matthews serves a growing roster of more than 150 institutional customers.
A growing selection of more than 11,000 ebooks and other authoritative titles in health, medicine, and related subject areas will be available through Matthews on Sept. 15, 2008. Titles will be available for purchase under a single or multi-user access model.
ebrary offers medical and health related ebooks and other materials from publishers such as F.A. Davis, CRC Press, Cambridge University Press, and Informa Healthcare. ebrary’s technology offers a number of features and benefits for research, including the following:
- The ebrary Reader, available as an Active X or Java-based program, streams documents, eliminating cumbersome document downloads.
- ebrary InfoTools integrates content in the ebrary system with the online resources of a library’s choice.
- Personal bookshelves automatically store links to bookmarks, highlights, and notes, providing an archive of research.
- Creates automatic citations when text is printed or copied and pasted into Word or any text application. Citations include an automatic URL hyperlink back to the source.
- Highlighting and annotating are available.
- Multiple ways to navigate throughout a document or the entire selection are offered.
- Reporting tools and usage statistics are provided.
Source: ebrary, Inc.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor