|Weekly News Digest
January 15, 2007 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
Library of Congress Unveils Beta of New THOMAS
The Library of Congress has released a new beta version of THOMAS, its Web site that provides access to federal legislation and related documents (http://thomas.loc.gov/beta). Users can search all of THOMAS from one search box, and there are new capabilities for sorting results and refining searches. The old THOMAS version is still available (http://thomas.loc.gov). The library said it plans to provide access to the beta for several months as it gauges the response. RSS feeds are not yet available for the new THOMAS. The library plans to add this feature in the future. Note that, in some cases, there could be a delay of up to 1 day for the latest legislative data to be integrated into the new THOMAS search feature.
This is a list of the types of information on THOMAS and their associated coverage.
Source: Library of Congress
- Full text of bills and resolutions: 1989-present (101st Congress forward)
- Summary information about bills and resolutions: 1973-present (93rd Congress forward)
- Congressional record: 1989-present (101st Congress forward)
- Committee reports: 1995-present (104th Congress forward)
- Presidential nominations: 1987-present (100th Congress forward)
- Treaties: 1967-present (90th Congress forward)
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor