|Weekly News Digest
May 21, 2012 — In addition to this week's NewsBreak(s), the editors have compiled the Weekly News Digest, featuring stories from the week just past that you should know about. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today.
CLICK HERE to view all of this week's Weekly News Digest items.
LibLime Announces the Public Release of LibLime Koha 4.10
LibLime, a division of PTFS, announced the public release of LibLime Koha 4.10, which has been in beta-production release among sponsoring libraries since February 2012. After completing a rigorous beta-testing phase, the application is now publicly available for all as a download at www.liblime.com/demos, as well as www.koha.org/liblime-koha.
Release Notes are available at each site. The source code is also available for public access in the LibLime unified git repository located at https://github.com/liblime/LibLime-Koha. The latest version of LibLime Koha continues to add deeper support for consortia and enhanced performance for larger and larger collections with increased circulation traffic. And as with earlier versions, all new functionality in all of LibLime Koha continues to run in the Plack environment for increased performance. LibLime Koha 4.10 continues to provide libraries with the most advanced functionality and performance available in the open development ILS arena.
Some of the new functionality in LibLime Koha 4.10 includes the following:
- Expanded SIP2 messaging to support connectivity to third-party applications
- Performance improvements to holds management using Ajax
- Last borrower information linked to items regardless of patron reading-history retention
- Expand creation of machine-generated authority records as a component of the batch bibliographic import process
- Expansion of patron record ownership in a union catalog
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor