|Weekly News Digest
April 4, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
LexisNexis Launches Total Search Version 3.0
LexisNexis announced the availability of LexisNexis Total Search 3.0. The new release includes all of the precision searching capabilities of the LexisNexis service along with the authority of the Shepard's Citations Service applied to internal documents.
LexisNexis Total Search lets researchers uncover relevant internal work product previously buried in a law firm's document collections. This enables lawyers to find existing pleadings, depositions, deal documents, corporate filings, and memoranda from firm authors, as well as comprehensive information from LexisNexis, all with one search performed on the lexis.com interface.
LexisNexis Total Search 3.0 includes:
- Precise proximity, Boolean searching of internal documents
- Enhanced drill-down to further refine internal results sets
- Ability to combine a citation search and a Boolean search within internal documents
- Usage tracking and reporting capabilities
- Ability to use the FOCUS feature in both LexisNexis and internal document results
- Support of additional document management systems, including iManage 8.0
- Cross-referencing for additional situation types, including Westlaw citations
For more information on LexisNexis Total Search, visit http://www.lexisnexis.com/totalsearch.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor