|Weekly News Digest
August 27, 2001 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
LexisNexis Launches Next-Generation nexis.com
LexisNexis (http://www.lexisnexis.com) has unveiled the next-generation nexis.com service, which offers improved user features, more customizable functions, and more comprehensive content for business and government knowledge workers. According to the announcement, nexis.com combines powerful search capabilities with easy-to-use search, display, and downloading features to deliver precise, relevant information.
By accessing the Quick Search feature from the nexis.com home page, users now will be able to search up to 2 years of news. Power searchers using Boolean search terms will find improved source selection; a drop-down menu with the most popular sources; and improved features for selecting, viewing, printing, downloading, and e-mailing results. In addition, search forms for general news and company and public-records information can be more conveniently located. Other enhancements include the following:
- The ability to search within a set of results in Quick Search and the Subject Directory by using the LexisNexis FOCUS feature
- New content for Quick Search and the Subject Directory
- Relevance ranking for Subject Directory results
- The ability to tag documents in any citation or full view for printing and downloading
- The ability to reach LexisNexis Risk Solutions services from the home page
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor