|Weekly News Digest
July 18, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITIís Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
LexisNexis Improves Integrated Search Service
LexisNexis U.S. (http://www.lexisnexis.com) announced the release of LexisNexis Total Search v. 3.1, the company's integrated search tool for the legal industry and practitioners of law. LexisNexis Total Search applies the precision of LexisNexis searching capabilities and the authority of Shepard's Citations Service to the collective expertise that is often buried deep within internal document collections. One search finds existing internal pleadings, depositions, memos, deal documents, and motions together with cases and codes, news and business sources, and analytical content, all through the familiar Lexis.com service user interface.
This latest version of LexisNexis Total Search includes improvements in ease-of-deployment and maintenance for the administrator with features such as:
- Advanced and automated document filtering, which allows administrators to set up filters based on document metadata
- Ability to schedule multiple start/stop times for each document source
- Ability to choose which metadata fields appear as categories in a search drill-down
- Improved and simplified product installation
LexisNexis Total Search v. 3.1 also provides enhanced ease-of-use for end users, enabling them to:
- Cross reference non-case law and non-law review/journal citations, including statute citations and covering patents, constitutions, and other citation types
- Highlight and jump from search term to search term appearing in the search result set
- View abbreviated versions of large documents with links to the full documents
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor