|Weekly News Digest
July 5, 2005 — In addition to this week's NewsBreaks article and the monthly NewsLink Spotlight, Information Today, Inc. (ITI) offers Weekly News Digests that feature recent product news and company announcements. Watch for additional coverage to appear in the next print issue of Information Today. For other up-to-the-minute news, check out ITI’s Twitter account: @ITINewsBreaks.
CLICK HERE to view more Weekly News Digest items.
LexisNexis Headnotes Integrated with Shepard’s
LexisNexis (http://www.lexisnexis.com) announced that LexisNexis Headnotes (the fundamental legal points of a court case) are now completely integrated with Shepard's Reports (to see where a case has been cited) on lexis.com. The company said it is the culmination of a series of enhancements made to the Shepard's Citations Service.
Benefits available with the integration of LexisNexis Headnotes and Shepard's include:
- Shepard's reports can be restricted by LexisNexis Headnote numbers.
- Case Headnotes can be displayed and printed in Shepard's.
- The FOCUS feature and Custom Restrictions, both of which have been merged into a single form, have been added to the form to allow researchers to restrict by LexisNexis Headnote.
- Users can select a Headnote in Shepard's and link to the position in the citing case that matches the language of the chosen Headnote.
- The Shepardize-Restrict by Headnote link provides researchers with a shortcut to a Shepard's answer set restricted by that Headnote, allowing them to immediately assemble a list of cases that cite their case and discuss the issue captured in the chosen Headnote.
- The new Restricted Shepard's Summary feature provides researchers with a quick overview of the important information in a restricted or FOCUS feature answer set. It also provides a link to open the Unrestricted Summary to see an overview of the entire answer set.
Later this year, additional enhancements will be available to legal researchers using the Shepard's Citations Service. Included in these enhancements is the Shepard's Alert, a proactive notification service similar to the ECLIPSE electronic clipping service available on lexis.com.
Send correspondence concerning the Weekly News Digest to NewsBreaks Editor